Tuesday 18 March 2014

It's snack time! (DIY kale chips)

Yesterday I went quickly into the Mark's and Spencer store as I needed something right after work.
I passed by the salad and vegetable aisle and I spotted packages of kale.
During the last weeks I've heard so much about kale and I know that it is very, very healthy. Unfortunately I don't really like it in a salad but I've seen that a lot of people use kale as an alternative to potatoe chips. So I decided to give it a try and started my little expermiment last night.

What you need: - Olive Oil
                          - Vinegar
                          - Sea salt

I put a certain amount of kale into a bowl, add 3 table spoons of Olive Oil, a little bit of vinegar and sea salt and mix it with a spoon.

Afterwads you take a baking tin and place the kale on it. On my pictures you can see that I didn't have baking paper at home, but if you wash the tin very well afterwards, it shouldn't be a problem.

Then you place the tin into your oven which you've preheated on 170 degrees and leave it in there for 10 minutes. After ten minutes you should have a look on your chips and their colour.
It's absolutely normal that they're a bit brown but they shouldn't be black.

When you think they look good, take them out of the oven and they're ready to be consumed.

It's such an easy recipe and I love it. It tastes so good and is a perfect healthy snack. You can use different herbs to create many different sorts of kale chips.

My ingredients!

Voilà the preroasted kale





No comments :

Post a Comment